May 9, 2017
8:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
CEC Training Facility
1900 Merivale Road, Suite 206
Ottawa, ON K2G 4N4
$675 $472.50* (+hst)
*Sale price cannot be combined with other discounts.
Meet the Instructor
Josef Jurkovic is a CEC director and founding partner. He has over 35 years of public and private sector experience across diverse areas of internal and external communications, public consultations, branding and marketing.
"Small class size allowed for great discussion. Josef's knowledge and expertise was a pleasure to experience. Thoroughly enjoyed the course. I will be back for more training."
"Josef clearly has a lot of knowledge in the subject matter so I enjoyed hearing about his experiences and expertise."
"This course provided me with a good base for introducing best practices to my internal comms team."
"I liked the full range of practices presented as well as the individual discussions. It made it easy to get the big picture but also to see how it applies to me."
"Loved hearing what other organizations do/don't do in IC. Josef's insight was very educational. Leaving today with a lot of new ideas."
BEST PRACTICES FOR
INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS AND
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
The current environment is dominated by management efforts to ensure that all levels of employees respond to significant changes in their internal and external environments. In this context, the ability to harness internal communications and engage employees is a pre-requisite of successful organizational transformation, that is, transformation that reflects and effectively deals with the complex impacts of shifting economic, social and demographic realities.
This workshop is designed to tune-up and strengthen participants’ understanding of, and skills in, various aspects of internal communications and employee engagement, as well as to bring examples of best practices from diverse organizations.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
The workshop will focus on:
- What is internal communications - principles, linkages and definitions
- Relationship between internal communications and employee engagement
- Key issues and drivers of internal communications
- Diverse approaches to internal communications
- What others do and do not do and why
- What works and what doesn't - sine qua non of best internal communications practices
- Impact of social media on internal communications and employee engagement
- Importance of research, monitoring and evaluation
- Linkages to external communication
- An integrated strategic approach to planning, developing and implementing internal communications and employee engagement
INDLUDED IN THIS WORKSHOP:
- Participant notebook consisting of presentation slides
- A link to post-workshop resources available for download
- Certificate of completion
|8:45 - 9:10||Introductions and Workshop Overview|
|9:10 - 10:30||What is Internal Communications
Exercise: Internal Communications and Employee Engagement Organizational Health Quiz
|10:30 - 10:45||Break
|10:45 - 12:15||Internal Communications Approaches
|12:15 - 13:15||Lunch|
|13:15 - 14:45||Effective Internal Communications
|14:45 - 15:00||Break
|15:00 - 16:15||Integrated Strategic Approach to Internal Communications
|16:15 - 16:45||
Wrap-up and Workshop Evaluation