Join Our Mailing List
Mike Kujawski is a passionate consultant, trainer and speaker, on the topic of strategic marketing and digital engagement.
When, Where, How much?
September 10, 2013
CEC Training Room
1900 Merivale Road, Suite 206
Ottawa, ON K2G 4N4
Social Media Monitoring for Governments (G086)
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
Plenty of government organizations jump into social media without first performing their due diligence and actually finding out what their current presence is. Just because you haven't officially engaged on these channels doesn't mean that you don't have a presence on them. The basic premise behind this social media monitoring workshop is to teach you how to strategically "listen". Monitoring is a crucial component that should feed into a social media engagement strategy before proceeding with any sort of tactics. This approach has been strongly encouraged in recent speeches by Treasury Board President Tony Clement and The Clerk of the Privy Council, Wayne Wouters. It has also been recommended in the newly released TBS Guideline on External Use of Social Media.
In order to attain a solid understanding of the existing conversations taking place surrounding your initiative, Mike Kujawski will help you examine your existing social web presence across various social media channels using free online tools now available to most government employees 1.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
This hands-on workshop will teach you how to:
- understand how your audience searches for information relating to your initiative so that you formulate your monitoring filters and topic profiles properly.
- identify topic trends and seasonality patterns
- identify key influencers in your industry
- identify conversation channels and hashtags that you should be following for your initiative
- identify actionable insights and opportunities for social media engagement based on solid business intelligence as opposed to mere speculation.
There is virtually zero risk involved in immediately implementing what you learn in this workshop since "listening" does not have to involve engagement until you're ready.
WHAT WILL YOU TAKE AWAY?
- PDF copy of the Social Media Monitoring for Governments
- Participant workbook
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT COMPETENCY
- Thinking Things Through: Innovating through analysis and ideas